Powered By Blogger

Monday 10 October 2011

Mahatma Gandhi Was a Racist.


I don’t mean to offend anybody, especially Indians that love Gandhi.

But…….
My villain of the month of October goes to Mohandas Mahatma Gandhi. I saw a blog written about him recently and I just had to write about it on my blog too.

I have not been particularly someone that was a die-hard Gandhi fan. I was just kind of indifferent to him and his achievements. I thought he never in particular affected my life or that of my ancestors, so I didn’t really care much for him. All that came to my mind was a man who helped liberate the Indian people from British rule and a man with a clever tongue. Shikenan!

Well to my surprise, I found out that he was racist. This revelation is so shocking to me, because my teachers in secondary school never told me anything of this sort about him. A man that I thought wanted peace in the whole world actually supported wars, apartheid and genocides. History has not done the people he oppressed and discriminated against justice at all.

He lived in South Africa for 20 years, and during those years he wrote different books concerning the black people while trying to liberate the Indians in SA from the British people. He called the black Africans ‘Kaffirs’ which was a derogatory term. He described them as
Only a degree removed from the animal.” Also, “Kaffirs are as a rule uncivilized – the convicts even more so. They are troublesome, very dirty and live almost like animals.” Mar. 7, 1908 (Reference: CWMG, Vol VIII, pp. 135-136)

He also said:
“A general belief seems to prevail in the colony that the Indians are little better, if at all, than the savages or natives of Africa. Even the children are taught to believe in that manner, with the result that the Indian is being dragged down to the position of a raw Kaffir.” [local native of South Africa] (Reference: The Collected Works of Mahatma Gandhi, Government of India (CWMG), Vol I, p. 150)

He supported all British wars–Zulu, Boer, WW1, and WW2. In fact there wasn’t a war he did not support, he participated in some, thus enhancing the ability of England to continue colonization. 



He was also anti-Semitic. Gandhi wrote letters to his 'friend' Hitler and supported him. Gandhi’s horrific advice to Jews was to commit mass suicide. 
We have no doubt about your bravery or devotion to your fatherland, nor do we believe that you are the monster described by your opponents.” Gandhi to Hitler.

There are much more atrocious things that he committed while he was alive. These revelations are mind boggling to me. The evidence is there and clear. Please do the research for yourself and do not take my words for your own only. All links to the blog and articles on Mohandas Gandhi are put below.

Please feel free to comment.

Sam.


3 comments:

  1. Wow... Its feels more like the very teachings we got from school about Gandhi was all a fallacy; It only made us understand what it wanted us to understand.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh well he looked like a clown anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am not surprised even though I never heard of this before. I have never really read much about the guy.

    Indians are generally racist, no there is nothing surprising about all these.

    ReplyDelete